Blog Series: Elevation Certificates in Your Town

Given recent updates to FEMA’s flood maps, many Massachusetts residents are understandably concerned about the increasing cost of flood insurance.  If your home is in a flood zone but you question the flood zone designation, you can obtain the services of a licensed land surveyor who can complete a survey and elevation certificate for your property.

Still, we understand that many property owners like to do their homework first. For this reason, we are working on a new blog series providing you with links to information for your individual town.  Many local city and town governments do have information available online regarding flood zones and, in particular, the recent FEMA updates; some of it is extensive, some of it is nominal. If you don’t find information for your town, give us a call and we’ll be happy to help: (617) 899-0703.