Surveys in Massachusetts

We Serve the Greater Boston, MetroWest, and North Shore Areas

Boundary Survey/Property Survey

A Boundary Survey can often resolve disputes with a neighbor over property lines. This type of survey is often accompanied by a lot line staking.

Certified Plot Plans

Many Massachusetts communities require a survey in order to build an addition, garage or pool. A certified plot plan is the result of an instrument survey. A CPP shows existing conditions and proposed additions along with dimensional offsets to property lines.

Elevation Certificates

The Elevation Certificate is a document prepared by an engineer or land surveyor. It is a risk management tool for property owners when their homes are classified to be in a Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA). An elevation certificate provides specific elevation information for a structure or lot. This information is used to determine proper flood insurance premium rates. It is also used to support a request for a LOMA or eLOMA. Many LOMC’s can now be processed online through FEMA’s website. Elevation certificates often allow homeowners to save on flood insurance.


Commercial property surveys throughout Massachusetts. ALTA surveys are similar to a boundary or property survey. Furthermore, they follow a comprehensive set of standards laid out by the National Society of Professional Surveyors and the American Land Title Association.

Condominium Conversions

A site plan and unit/floor plans are required in Massachusetts when converting a building into condominium units. A site plan shows the exterior elements of the property, lot lines, easements, parking and any areas designated for exclusive or common use. Unit plans show the interior specifics of each unit.